Reading my 2020 goals made me realize that most of these goals suck. 2021 goals will be better.
- Don’t break my new phone screen for the entire year – Easy when you’re not blacking out every weekend!
- Lose less than $2,000 gambling – Easy when you make zero trips to Sugar House!
- Vote in the 2020 election – Yes!
- Blackout less than 5 times – I did twice before lockdown and then only once in the last 10 months!
- Reach a 1500 rating on Chess.com – Yes, but I’m also 1400 and on the verge of quitting forever because I’m so bad at this game.
- Learn one full song on guitar every two weeks – I thought quarantine would be a spark for guitar but it was the opposite.
- Buy at least six gifts for six people (friends, family, etc.) for no specific reason – I’m a shithead.
- Donate $2,000 to causes I care about – I did $1000 throughout the year and just did my $600 stimulus check.
- Shoot under 100 in a round of golf on any course – I shot a 106 recently WITH a sprained thumb, but this is genuinely embarrassing that I didn’t get under one time in the ~20 rounds I played.
- Read six books – I read five, but one but one of them was like 500 pages.
- Give up alcohol for a 20 day stretch – I honestly never even tried.
- Write 100 blog posts – 62.
- Sustain 50 miles a week for four straight weeks injury free – I barely ran 50 miles all year.
- Fast for 24 hours – Completely forgot this was a goal.
- Don’t look at my phone for anymore than five minutes before bed each night – I could not be more off here. It’s a problem.
- Go to the dentist for the first time in five years – Your could argue this should be in Failed. I’m booked for this week though.
- Go the dry cleaner for the first time ever – Same as above; without fancy affairs, this wasn’t as important.
- Go to an event at the Kimmel Center – Thank god for Covid.
- Go to the West Coast – Heard it’s a dump now anyway.
- Bowl a 300 – I bowled a 279 after months off and haven’t gone since.