Tier 5: Skip These Every Time
These are the worst of the worst. I skip these every time they come on.
57. Party / Garfield House
The worst of the worst! Someone has to be last and this skit did absolutely everything it could to earn last place. I don’t see the humor or appeal in this at all. The intervention doesn’t land. The house feels wildly forced. There’s not one lol-able moment in the entire thing. The. Worst.
56. Tammy Craps
Brutal from start to finish. I feel bad because the main little girl probably thought she did a great job as an actress, but everything about this skit is bad. It’s so annoying that it actually makes me mad to watch it. I can’t watch this one without getting mad.
55. Little Buff Boys
I want to like this guy. I really do. People say he’s great on the show Detroiters, but as you’ll see throughout these rankings, I find his skits terrible. This is maybe the cringeist skit in the whole series given how hard he’s trying. It’s a worse version of Baby of the Year.
54. Christmas Carol (Ghost of Christmas Way Future)
Same as above. I WANT to like this guy! But this skit sucks! Plain and simple. The idea is stupid, there’s no quoteable lines, I don’t really get it, the whole thing just sucks.
53. Dave Campor
A shitty extension of Little Buff Boys and I honestly don’t even really get it. It only ranks higher than LBB because it’s shorter thank god.
52. Horse Ranch
The premise isn’t funny, the characters aren’t funny, the dialogue isn’t funny. It doesn’t make me mad like the ones above do, but the idea of horses with small penises is not good by any means.
I have to admit, when the guy says he ordered a sybian for his wife, I lol, but the rest of the skit is so bad that it has to be skipped entirely. This sticks to the joke the whole way and it’s weak.
50. New Joe (Funeral Organist)
For how outlandish it is, this skit is completely forgettable.
49. Crashmore Interview
I thought Crashmore would grow on me but they both got worse over time. This one is a Billy Bob spoof, but the actual Billy Bob interview is 10 times more entertaining.
48. Crashmore Trailer
The attempted one liners are bad. I feel like they thought him yelling “YOU SUCK!!!!” as he shot people would be a hit. Turns out, it fucking sucks.
Tier 4: Worth Watching (Barely)
These aren’t good, but have a good laugh or two or a quotable line that make them watchable
47. Baby of the Year
This one will never make sense to me. Multiple people have this as their TOP SKIT. OF THE WHOLE SERIES. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. I don’t get why people like this one. The crowd insults fall SO flat and it’s too long. Again, I want to like this guy, but he’s just trying too hard. The memoriams are actually funny though.
46. Shops at the Creek
A gimmicky extension of Dan Flashes. The best part is seeing the crazy patterns. The final boss shirt is actually awesome. But this isn’t a real attempt at a skit.
45. Lifetime Achievement
“It was humping you dude” loses me. “What do you even have?” brings me back a little, but this lacks the pizazz that the good ones have.
44. Prank Show
This is the most disappointing skit of the entire series. No doubt about it. The make up, lead up, and actual costume are hilarious, and then they take it in this direction that’s just not funny. I don’t get it. He’s in the mall! He looks amazing! Have him do SOMETHING! One guy wrote that he laughed so hard that he had to pause it when he said there was too much shit on him. Like, wat. So much potential and still sort of funny, but hard to get over how good this could have been.
43. Diner Wink
It’s cool that they got Bob O to do this, and he does a pretty decent job, but the classic car premise isn’t funny. I chuckle a bit when he starts crying “She’s gonna get better“.
42. TC Tuggers
Him speaking slightly too loud and the delayed “Not really” after drinking water save this skit from being bottom tier, but the commercial afterward is absolutely unbearable.
41. Baby Shower
I can’t believe I’m writing this, but this is too out there and over the top to be good. “I thought it was gonna be a hit. It turns out it fucking sucks!” is a super memeable quote though. The guy doing the tommy gun at the end is the funniest part.
40. Wilson’s Toupees
The motions & noises in the very beginning and very end crack me up but the rest is meh.
39. Credit Card Roulette
Strong start, flailing finish. Skits like this make me wonder what I’d think of it if Tim were the star. Is it a tier 2 if Tim takes this one?
38. Corncob TV
The critics like this one. WHY?! Can someone explain why this is consensus top 10? A few of the lines land but it’s like a C+ Tim Robinson performance and super repetitive. I swear I feel like I’m not watching the same skits at these hack rankers. I know this is all subjective but it baffles me that this is a loved one.
37. The Man (Will Forte)
Another one that people rank high, I assume because Will Forte is in it. It’s… okay? Him saying “Oh that’s a good idea, move in the direction in where I’m heading” is the only real lol for me, and his bald cap. But otherwise it’s a bit too long.
Tier 3: Now We’re Gettin’ Good
These are the meat of the show that get you from the shit to the gold with laughs along the way.
36. Honk if You’re Horny
It takes a bit to get going but it’s funny once Tim and O’Malley interact. The noise that O’Malley makes (I can only describe it as ‘aghghahghgahg’) kills me. Shout out Tony for Fri. Day. Night.
35. Biker Gang
The skit is cheesy. Someone even told me they’d rank this last. It’s weird to say but it feels sincere in it’s delivery? It’s certainly not the funniest but for some reason I find this one enjoyable and endearing.
34. Johnny Carson
I think this one tries a little too hard but it works. “He REALLY wacked him” and “there’s like, no nice restaurants” get laughs from me.
33. Hot Dog Vac Commercial
This is an example of a stupid idea for a skit that Tim carries to being watchable and funny. Seriously, the idea of a vacuum strictly for sucking hotdogs out of your mouth does not make me laugh. But his persona and enthusiasm make this good.
32. Jamie Taco
Just a good middle of the road sketch. Not too flashy or memorable, but worth watching.
Tim isn’t the one being ridiculous! The magician’s insults are actually insulting.
I have a feeling I’ll be lambasted for having this so low, but it’s a little long for my taste and Samburg isn’t funny in this which is a bummer. Obviously though, the Tim and Chunky interaction makes this good.
29. Parking Lot
A short and sweet start to an episode, and a pretty funny concept, but nothing out of this world.
It’s a stupid premise, but the fake punch and yelling “poppers!” are lolers, while the ending view of him getting the Heimlich is amazing.
27. Laser Spine Specialists
This is a drag until we meet Robby Star, but once we do, Robby Star IS a star. GOOD premise.
26. Big Wave
Why does Julie call Paul “Honey” after he falls off the table? Her husband is old and good looking and clearly NOT Paul, right? I don’t get it. Unless Paul IS supposed to be her husband and they’re just talking about him like he’s not there the whole time when he’s clearly right in front of them. “Chode. Jeans.“
25. Driver’s Ed
This is too long but “TABLES!” has a good ring to it and “I CAN’T KNOW HOW TO HEAR ANYMORE ABOUT TABLES” has an even better ring to it.
24. Hot Dog Lunch
I’ve never seen someone eat a hotdog for lunch. Tim coming up like a raging zombie then them holding his ears back kills me. Never skip lunch.
This does a lot with a little. “Can you just say the restaurant has a rule??“. There are multiple funny lines but “We’re gonna be so early for that movie” is what kills me the most at the end.
22. Mars Restaurant
I was sour on this to start, but this one grows on you the more you watch it. “Take your head, out of that head” is one of the funniest lines in the entire series.
21. Professor Burger
The professor is a weirdly good character (though completely unbelievable that he would be an actual good professor) and “I’m joking” is so useful to quote in so many different situations.
Tier 2: Must Watch Skits
Not the GOATs, but I’m sure a lot of these would be in others’ top 10.
20. Capital Room
I can imagine people hating her and this skit, but I find this girl funny. The weird noise she makes kills me and it’s pretty quick from start to finish.
19. Both Ways
This is the skit that made me fall in love the show, though others seemingly don’t share my love for it. Cutting back to the guy interviewing him over and over is so well done. Short. Simple. Hilarious.
Simply put, Brenda’s captions are lolers. Pig dicks, wet wet mud, bags of meat, etc. It’s quick and gets its laughs in fast. A great example of how this show should work and doesn’t use Tim’s absurdity to make it go.
17. Gift Receipt
It’s a great concept all around and you can see Jacob feels like he’s taking crazy pills as Tim gets more and more aggressive. I guess Tim actually dies? Does it matter? It doesn’t matter.
16. Huge Dumps
People putting this in their bottom 10 are a fucking joke. “I AM SERIOUS MA’AM“, “You live like, sooo far“, “That’s your voice?!“. Also, the Dave definitely DOES take a huge dumps. I don’t think Luka needed to call Rodney to give him that reputation.
15. Blues Brothers
O’Malley steals the show in the beginning with “Are you serious” and the fake laugh, but Tim goes all-star mode with his dance moves. How do people not like this one?
14. New Printer
Wildly underrated. Maybe I have a crush on this girl and I don’t know it. “I KNOW THAT. I’M NOT STUPID. I’M SMARTER THAN YOU“. I think the girl is great.
13. Brooks Brothers
If someone has never seen the show, this may be the skit that gives them the best impression. Very good from start to finish and I get why a lot of critics have it top 10.
12. Mitch Bryant Lawyer
A wonderful slow build in absurdity. The hair, the enthusiasm, the rising voice, the concepts. This one is fantastic.
11. Baby Sitter
Such an underrated one. Barry asks all the normal questions about the hit and run and the ‘kind of nothing‘ explanation is a home run. Not a dull moment and multiple lols throughout.
Tier 1: The All Timers
I want to stress how good these top 10 are. I rewatched the entire series from start to finish for this post, but I re-rewatched these top 10 multiple times because of how difficult it was to rank them.
I see this ranked low in pretty much every article I’ve read and I don’t understand why. Tim plays a character that he doesn’t play in any other skit, and although his facial expressions are always good, they’re all-time good in this one. This is gold. The ending face is 10/10.
9. Robert Palins
“So fucking confused” is the funniest line of the entire show on your first watch through. Not even attempting to play the instruments cracks me up and the lyrics are nonsensical but somehow quoteable. The only reason it’s not higher is because it loses some of its luster after you’ve seen it 20+ times.
8. Dan Flashes
Maybe the most iconic skit of season 2? The idea of shirts that are just insanely complicated is fantastic and this is Office Tim at his finest. There are 10 lines that are fully quoteable.
7. Focus Group
One of the original skits that made the show popular and rightly so. I don’t know if this skit works if anyone else does it besides this random old bald guy with the ridiculous accent, but he clearly nails the part. The flinching / marrying your mother in law isn’t as good as the beginning.
6. Pink Bag
This skit fucks, from beginning to end, yet these cuck article writers rank this bottom 10 all the time. I do not understand it. “Is that the joke??” This is just letting Tim cook for two minutes in a way no one else can. If you don’t find that funny then I don’t know what to tell you.
5. Sloppy Steaks
There’s a lot to say about this one. Sloppy steaks are iconic. Ezra Koenig (Vampire Weekend guy) writing the Dangerous Nights song is great. “The blue dolphin burned down…” is a throw away line but the funniest part to me. Like a lot of these top ranked one, this is just Tim being Tim.
4. Ghost Tour
“Jizz” to lead things off. “Not really” to close it out. And a lot of little fuckers in between. His insistence on using jizz and big fat load of cum are amazing. The “Not really” to his mom at the end might be the best line of the whole thing. Great skit.
3. Insider Trading / Hat in Court
There’s a LOT of meat in this one once it gets going. The Fred Astaire roll-the-hat-down-the-arm is an all-time moment. The dynamic of watching it happen and also watching his reaction in court is really clever. I have to imagine sales of fedoras with safari flaps (are these even real?) sky rocketed.
2. Calico Cut Pants
There are two issues here. 1) How do you explain your pants once your REAL piss dots dry up? 2) Why would there be a pop-up on the site EXPLAINING that it’s not a real site?? Whenever you try to use the site as an excuse they’d know your pants are fake!
Regardless, this skit is incredible. Everything about it. It’s 8 minutes and every single part is funny. What’s the best line? “Did ya give?” “You hit me in the cup!” “HOLD THAT DOOR!“. I was initially surprised that I had this ranked so high, but after rewatching it multiple times, it’s completely worthy of #2.
1. Game Night
After rewatching everything, I had a hard time ranking 2-10, but this was always number 1 to me. Right off the bat Howie sets the tone for the best skit of them all. “Your record collection is very meat and potatoes” and her response of “Thanks” creates an amazing dynamic. “This is a cool hat“, “he’s no Roy Donk“, “PAUL BUFANO PAUL BUFANO“. The faces he makes throughout are perfect and the absurdity of the situation land 100%. He single handedly make this skit the GOAT. The rewatchability is 10/10 and there is not one bad joke.
only major disagreement is baby of the year is a top five (maybe even #1 depending on the day) for me. thank u for the shout out. Fri. Day. Night. Forever.
Tammy Craps got shafted. Insider trading is my NUMBER ONE so happy to see it in the top three 0_o
This is a good list, Driver’s Ed is funnier than #33. When your girl is yelling at the other driver and the entire lead up to the job when you’re watching for the first time is hilarious. It’s funny to have Ghost Tour up this high but that one cracks me up every time. I like Bozo a lot, but probably not a top 10. I’d put Hot Dog Lunch and Nachos higher. “Who put this bag here, I almost tripped on it & “Are they allowed to do that? rank super high. His “what” in Nachos kills me.
My full analysis.
For reference: If I say ‘should be ranked lower’ I mean it should be ranked worse.
Higher = better
Lower = worse
57. Party / Garfield House – Christ. Bad start. I love this one. It’s weird but the ‘Dude back off — I don’t know’ and when she quietly says ‘All Garfield’ slay me. The friends crying and trying to read their very serious notes to him while sitting on the Garfield couches makes me laugh. 4th tier for sure.
56. Tammy Craps – Nails the girl doll commercial vibe. A little bizarre but pretty goo. I’d put it at like 48.
55. Little Buff Boys – Agree 100%. I too try to like this guy. He was like the same thing in Ted Lasso S2. He forces things a little too much.
54. Christmas Carol (Ghost of Christmas Way Future) -Worst sketch by far. Watched it twice and can’t sit through it.
53. Dave Campor – Better because it’s shorter. Agreed. Good rating.
52. Horse Ranch – Yup. Falls flat. Not even that funny of a concept. And the actors don’t do the sketch any favors.
51. Claire’s – Could definitely be tier 4. The old guy is pretty funny especially during rewatches. Sybian line and him talking about how he laughs so he has good memories are funny.
50. New Joe (Funeral Organist) – Bizarre and not funny. Could be lower.
49. Crashmore Interview – Didn’t get the reference. Completely forgettable.
48. Crashmore Trailer – See above. Good rating.
Tier 4: Worth Watching (Barely)
47. Baby of the Year – I too don’t understand the hype. Funnier if watching as a group but that goes for most. Good rating. Sorry Tony. The ‘throat slashed’ line gets me every time. So maybe a tad bit higher.
46. Shops at the Creek – Only serves to make the Dan Flashes OG skit funnier when rewatching. Good filler sketch but nothing more.
45. Lifetime Achievement – Should be ranked higher. There are some great lines. ‘’I don’t think the dog should be put down’ What do you even have?’ Tier 3 come on now dawg. Maybe even 2.
44. Prank Show – I agree it could be so much funnier. Still funny. I would put a little higher. The name itself Carmine Laguzio kills me. Could be tier 3.
43. Diner Wink – In my top 10. Has grown on me SIGNIFICANTLY but it might just be because when I was on mushrooms at the Dead & Co. concert my friends and I were quoting it nonstop so now I have a soft spot for it. ‘Tell the kid,’ ‘my friend doesn’t live in a hotel,’ and ‘I’ve got triples’ are some of the best quotes of the series. Possibly your worse rating. Delete my number. Tier 2.
42. TC Tuggers – Commercial isn’t as good as it could be but the Dawson’s Creek-inspired beginning is great. Should be tier 3. ‘Tyler’s a freak’ makes me laugh for some reason.
41. Baby Shower – ’They look like little pieces of shit!’ and ‘or else no fucking deal’ are great lines. I really like this one, mostly because Tim’s character and the reactions of his in-laws are wonderful. Higher!
40. Wilson’s Toupees – Falls short. Not that funny of a concept. Could be tier 5 honestly.
39. Credit Card Roulette – Great ranking and reasoning. Strong start, weak finish. Sort of like your 800m races.
38. Corncob TV – Coffin flop is remarkable, and the shock value gets me. Should be higher. Def 3, maybe 2.
37. The Man (Will Forte) – Overrated sketch. May even be in the 40s. Good ranking. Funny premise and Will Forte is really good at being creepy.
Tier 3: Now We’re Gettin’ Good
36. Honk if You’re Horny – Great sketch, should be tier 2. The noises, the ‘I grew up in a small town,’ the song are all great.
35. Biker Gang – Really liked this initially but doesn’t have enough substance to be any higher. Good rating.
34. Johnny Carson – Bottom 10 sketch. Just doesn’t do it for me.
33. Hot Dog Vac Commercial – Good analysis. Could be ranked even lower. If it was anyone other than Tim it wouldn’t be that funny, which could be said about a lot of these but this one especially.
32. Jamie Taco – Runs a little long but I think that adds to it’s charm. A love story better than Twilight. Good ranking.
31. Magician – Cecily Strong carries it. ‘I will not respect you and I’ll make sure the kids don’t either.’ Could be in the 20s purely for her performance, would love to see more of her season 3. Would also love to see her topless. Tier 2.
30. Chunky – A few great lines from Tim but overall doesn’t deserve a rating higher than 25. Good rating.
29. Parking Lot – ‘Yeah I don’t know how to fucking drive.’ Great sketch and it’s so short it can’t be that low. I would move this up. Tier 2.
28. Choking – Caleb Went!! Good rating. Really funny but nothing too special.
27. Laser Spine Specialists -Parking lot, magician and choking are all better. Star is great and it’s funny but should be lower than those.
26. Big Wave – Pretty funny concept and the slapstick humor from seeing Tim lift the table is good. Could be lower though. Maybe 36.
25. Driver’s Ed – ‘Pretty serious stuff.’ Funny but not that funny. Move it down a tier.
24. Hot Dog Lunch – Realizing now I thought the hot dog lunch and vacuum commercial are the same thing. This is slightly better but not that good. Again — Tim is the only reason it’s funny because the concept isn’t that good. Lower.
23. Nachos – Should be top 20 at least. Great sketch from start to finish. Funny concept. Good acting.
22. Mars Restaurant – Not that funny. Could be tier 4 or maybe even 5. It’s a good sketch but doesn’t make me laugh out loud.
21. Professor Burger – Again, great acting but not that funny at all. How you have this ranked higher than diner wink. Magician, Jamie Taco, Choking and honesty even Lifetime Achievement is concerning. See someone.
Tier 2: Must Watch Skits
20. Capital Room – Funny sketch but ranked a tier too high.
19. Both Ways – It is pretty good upon rewatch. I’ll agree with this.
18. Instagram – First exposure to the series was this sketch. And it always holds up. ‘No coffin please, just wet, wet mud.’ Certainly tier 2, perhaps even a little higher.
17. Gift Receipt – Could be a tiny bit higher. ’Then let my wife eat the fucking receipt’ guy needs to be in season 3.
16. Huge Dumps – Instagram and Gift Receipt are both funnier. Honestly this is low tier 3 for me.
15. Blues Brothers – Pretty skippable for me. Tier 4 honestly. Instagram and Gift Receipt are both way funnier.
14. New Printer – I think she’s funny too and it has some good lines but nothing to write home about. Mayyyybe tier 3? How you have this ranked nearly 30 places ahead of Diner Wink is so weird to me. Again, probably the shrooms talking.
13. Brooks Brothers – Agreed it gives a good impression of the show. And it’s pretty funny through and through. Good rating — but Instagram and Gift Receipt are both funnier.
12. Mitch Bryant Lawyer – You have the Turbo Team one ranked this high? Why I am I even doing this. Tier 4.
11. Baby Sitter – Should be top 10, maybe even 5. Tons of great quotes and is such a representative of a good ITYSL sketch, it takes something seemingly normal in society, telling a white lie to explain your lateness, and takes you down this weird path of discomfort and humor. ‘
The cops said this?!’
Tier 1: The All Timers
10. Bozo – Anytime Tim cries I laugh, this one especially. ‘Bozo did the dub.’ I like your rating a lot.
9. Robert Palins – ‘The bones are their money — so are the worms’ Should be higher.
8. Dan Flashes – I didn’t love this as much as a lot of people. Still good, but low tier 2.
7. Focus Group – Great sketch, and the old man kills me every time. It really is amazing. His inflections are so good.
6. Pink Bag – Disagree here. For a sketch to be this uncomfortable it needs to be funnier. Tier 3 at best.
5. Sloppy Steaks – Definitely in my top 15, but this might be a little high. 6 – 12 range would be more accurate IMO.
4. Ghost Tour – Solid rating, possibly the hardest I’ve laughed during an initial viewing. Could be as high as #2.
3. Insider Trading / Hat in Court – I was ready to go to war with you on this but following rewatch I agree it’s certainly top 5.
2. Calico Cut Pants – A little long for my attention span. ’That ain’t got nothing to do with piss’ makes me lol. Switch this with Ghost Tour or Robert Palins.
1. Game Night – Feels weird rating a non-Tim-centered sketch #1 but I think I agree here. Howie is the worst guest ever and he has some amazing lines. When Howie asks for a nutcracker and the host is like ‘I think we have one up in the attic’ and he immediately replies ‘oh well that will only take a couple minutes’ I ROTFL. Certainly in the top 3, no issue with this as number 1.