Did I Accomplish Any of My 2018 Goals?
Each year I make a list of goals. Unfortunately, once I switched blogs, I kind of forgot about these goals completely. Regardless, here’s how I did.
Watch a Sixers playoff game in person– This happened. Hopefully see many more.
- Learn how to proficiently play the Stairway to Heaven solo on guitar – I never even looked up the tab.
- Get a physical from my doctor – I’m very health.
Keep both of my cats alive– Anyone could’ve done this.
- Go skydiving – Never even googled it.
- Fast for a 24 hour period – I still want to try this.
- Go to ANY event at the Kimmel Center – I should’ve done this one, and will in 2019.
Have a conversation with a famous person– I talked to Lil Dickey for 30 seconds at the Super Bowl parade and stood next to Jason Avant for like a minute so I’m counting that. Host a party at my residence– It was a rager with a wild end to the night.
- Watch the Godfather AND Godfather II – I’m actually going to do this.
- Profit $10,000 in Crypto – I could not have bought in at a worse time.
- Prepare the turkey for Thanksgiving – Forgot about this one.
Go on two trips to visit friends who live in other cities, repeats allowed– DC and Richmond for Dale and Gourlay but that’s about as vanilla as it gets. Go on two trips with friends to visit a city we’ve never been to
- Buy presents for my whole family on Christmas, not just who I have for Pollyanna – I should just delete this one.
- Break 4:30 in the mile – I didn’t attempt a single mile race.
- Break 55:00 at Broad Street – 55:45, and I revised my goal to sub 56:00 once I saw how training went. I was still happy with this.
- PR in the 5,000 (15:27) – Never really tried but was never in shape to anyway.
- Run over 2000 miles – 1614
- Complete 100 beers and 100 miles in a week – Actually had an attempt lined up but it was during a heat wave so that never happened.
- Attempt 13 miles and 13 beers in under 2:00 – Probably not worth it.
- Bowl a 300 – Had some good games and am definitely bowling better than I ever have but never really scared it.
- Write 10 hand-written letters and mail them – Did less than 2017.
Volunteer my time at least once (or donate $1,000 to charity if I don’t)
- Write 200 blog posts – Holy shit not even close.